Monday, February 11, 2008

Steak 'n Potato Supper


We just purchased a 1/4 a beef (100 lbs) and I hit my mom up for recipes. We receive some cuts of meat that I'm not familar with but my mom is... she even hit Grandma up for an oldie but goodie. These recipes would be more in the "down home comfort food" category (aka we're going to fry it). I'm making the chicken that has no poultry tonight w/ mashed potatoes, gravy & whatever veggie we have in the freezer.





Steak 'n Potato Supper

From Grandma Ardis (Pharis)

1-1/2 lbs. round steak 1/2 in. thick
1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. salt & 1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can beef broth
4 med. potatoes, cut in 1/4 inch slices
2 med. onions, sliced thinly
Cut steak in serving-size pieces. Combine flour, salt and pepper; coat the meat. In skillet, brown the meat slowly in hot fat--this should take 20-30 minutes. Add a little water if needed.Place potato and onion slices over meat. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. Add the beef broth.Cook slowly about 35 minutes longer or until potatoes are done. (Add chopped parsley if desired) I like to use an electric skillet.


1 comment :

Unknown said...

So.........how did the chicken fried steak turn out???